Friday, January 22, 2016

Day 5, 2016

Still not much of an appetite. And still tired. All part of the adjustment to eating only Whole 30.

Breakfast:
Fried Eggs, Bacon, OJ
Lunch:
Leftovers! Steak and Cabbage and more OJ
I also added a banana for filling the stomach.

Supper:
Asian Chicken Legs, Stir Fry Veggies

 Recipe for the Chicken is found here
http://www.paleonewbie.com/paleo-asian-orange-chicken/
I did make it Whole30 friendly by using coconut aminos and by skipping the honey. Instead of rice vinegar I added about 2 tblsp of white vinegar to give the sauce its edge. I cooked the chicken on the stove top, adding some chicken broth for simmering purposes. 
It was good, but it missed the balance that honey adds to the dish. I would use chicken breast next time. There was way too much sauce; I would make only half a recipe.

For the veggies, I heated coconut oil on med hi, added cauliflower and cooked 4 minutes. Then added shredded cabbage, cooked another 3 minutes. Then threw in a bag of broccoli slaw and chopped garlic. (I had to add more coconut oil as the skillet was rather dry). At the end I added 2 tblsp of coconut aminos. 
My family and I really liked the addition of the broccoli slaw to a stir fry!

Snacks:
Half Apple
Satsuma
Mixed Nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment