Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Day 32

Perhaps I should say Day 2, for I am starting another 30 days of eating whole foods. I am having some digestive troubles and I want to get that resolved. This time I am also cutting out all nuts. I am not sure that is what is causing my problems, but I know that if I eat too many nuts, my tongue gets sore. I must have some intolerance to nuts.

Husband and Daughter have begun to reintroduce foods back into their diets. Today it was dairy products. They both ate cheese and ice cream. For the next two days they will monitor their bodies for reactions, while eating the whole foods again.

Here are the results of 30 days of whole foods on our bodies:

Husband starting weight: 214.4 lbs.   
Husband weight after 30 days: 194.2 lbs.
That is a 20 lb. weight loss for him! WOW!

Julie starting weight: 164.1 lbs.
Julie's weight after 30 days: 153.4
I lost 10 lbs! I can't really see it or tell it in the way my clothes fit.

Daughter starting weight: 121.8 lbs.
Daughter weight after 30 days: 117.4 lbs.
She lost 4.4 lbs. She really does not need to lose weight. She is not exercising each day as she is busy with school work.

From this point on, I will report on what I am eating but not what husband and daughter are eating, as they are not following a strict Whole30 plan anymore.

Breakfast:
Tea and Bacon
I know, not the most balanced breakfast, but my personal plumbing system is not happy.

Lunch:
Spaghetti Squash topped with Zucchini, Red Peppers, Onions, and Tomatoes, Applesauce, and Easy Baked Meatballs from  http://thelittlehoneybee.com/2014/06/18/easy-baked-meatballs-paleo/.
The meatballs were rather dry, but the squash made up for it in moistness. I have often made the Zucchini/Pepper/Onion/Tomato sauce for pasta, but it is really tasty on the squash, too!

Supper:
Chicken Acorn Squash Soup from http://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-acorn-squash-soup-153973
Oh, this was delicious! I used half of a Kabocha squash instead of an acorn squash because that is what I had in the house. Instead of chicken broth I used half veggie broth/half water. I was surprised by my daughter; she liked it and ate two bowls!

Exercise: Walked 2.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment