Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Day 39

Breakfast:
Omelet and Bacon
I added some green onion to the eggs this morning. I think I need to add a few more. I should really see if the chives have come up in the garden, that would be good too!

Lunch:
Chicken, Roasted Sweet Potatoes,
Steamed Red Cabbage, and Applesauce
The chicken was leftover from Sunday; I heated it up in a small skillet in some clarified butter. When hot, I removed the chicken and added chicken bone broth with some parsley, sage, and thyme. I let it reduce to half, then poured it over the chicken. It tasted like Thanksgiving turkey leftovers! The cabbage was an experiment. I had a leek in the fridge, so I chopped it up and threw it in the steamer with the cabbage. It tasted really good, to have that extra bit of flavor in there!

Supper: Sorry, no picture....
Meatball Noodle Soup from http://www.healthstartsinthekitchen.com/2014/01/20/meatball-noodle-soup/
This is a most unusual soup. Just meatballs, a carrot, four mushrooms and a little chopped onion. Serve it over the 'noodles', which is actually spaghetti squash. Well, I like lots of veggies in my soup so I used five carrots and a few more mushrooms. I used beef bone broth for half the liquid. Daughter could not stand the smell of the broth, and she could not eat the soup. Husband and I ate it, but I have to say that the beef bone broth is not the most enticing. It is rather greasy to me, even though I did remove the fat when I made it up a couple of weeks ago. I would not make this soup again. There are leftovers, and I will add potatoes and celery and forget the squash.

Exercise: Walked 3 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment