Friday, February 27, 2015

Day 56

I stepped on the scale this morning. I lost four pounds this month. I had hoped for five pounds, but I have not been walking much this week. And I have been snacking on cashews and juice. The juice is empty calories. I need to cut that out.

I was so tempted to feed my cravings for sugar today. I was at the store, looking for something that would satisfy my cravings---like chocolate and peanut butter or yogurt pretzels. Guess what? Nothing looked good to eat.  I said to myself, "Nope, I don't eat that way anymore."  So I went to the car and ate a couple of satsumas. End of story.

Breakfast:
Omelet with prosciutto, orange juice

Lunch:
Shepherd's Pie and Applesauce
My own made up recipe. Chop up leftover rump roast; make a gravy from the drippings, using arrowroot powder as a thickening agent. Add cooked carrots, peas, and corn and chopped meat. Top with mashed Idaho potatoes. Bake until it overflows into the bottom of the oven. It was very tasty, better than when it is made with hamburger.

Supper:
Almond Chicken Soup with Sweet Potato, Collards, and Ginger from
http://www.wholeliving.com 
This is a very unusual and interesting recipe! The almond part is actually almond butter that is swished in at the end. Then serve with lime slices. I liked it!
Other Foods:
Coffee with Half n Half
2 Satsumas
2 pieces of Dark Chocolate  
1 glass of berry apple juice
Handful of cashews
 
Exercise: None
 

No comments:

Post a Comment