Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Day 40

Had my first "cheat" today. I put one tablespoon of balsamic vinegar in the beef stew tonite. Balsamic vinegar is ok on the Whole30, if you can find it without sulfites, which I have not been able to do. I did some research online, which was a bit confusing. Apparently balsamic vinegar results in sulfites as part of the process; manufacturers will add additional sulfites as well. Whatever. I avoided balsamic vinegar for 39 days, and today is my first official "cheat". I am o.k. with that!

I was not at all hungry when I got up this morning and really did not want to eat anything. But I remember from a post or two ago that I need to eat three meals a day. So I ate something.

Breakfast:
Fried Egg, Avocado, and Bacon
 Lunch:
Leftover Mexican Chicken Soup
 Supper:
Beef Stew
This recipe was from http://www.onelovelylife.com/slow-cooker-beef-stew/. I cooked mine on top of the stove, letting it simmer for about 4 hours. I halved the amount of stew meat but did add extra carrots!It was good, even though I did not really feel like eating.

Exercise: None

No comments:

Post a Comment