Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Day 33

Trying something new here today....pictures!

Breakfast:
Egg, Bacon, and Avocado
















Lunch:
Steak, Steamed Broccoli, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, and Applesauce
















I like to brown the steak on both sides, then bake until done. Today I let it bake a little too long and it was a little dry. Still delicious. Sweet potatoes are coated with olive oil, then roasted in the oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, turning at 10 minute intervals. I must mind portion size with the sweet potatoes-one serving is 18 wedges-for I could keep eating them forever!

Supper:
Vegetable Beef Soup
 
This recipe comes from my Betty Crocker Cookbook, using beef shanks browned in their own marrow. Add water and carrot, celery, onion, peppercorns, cloves, and parsley. Let simmer 3 hours. Strain broth, chop meat, then make the soup. I add onion, carrots, potatoes, celery, a jar of tomatoes, and a jar of beans. Sooo good. I love the abundance of veggies. 
 
Exercise: Walked 2.5 miles
 
P.S. Husband and Daughter report no adverse effects from eating dairy products yesterday.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment