Thursday, January 15, 2015

Day 13

There are up days and there are down days. Today was a down day. My digestive tract is acting up, so I've been resting and eating very bland. I turned to the BRAT diet, eating a banana and some unsweetened applesauce but avoiding the rice and toast!

I really wanted to have some comfort food, like a Starbucks vanilla latte or maybe some chocolate--not that either of those are good for digestive ailments! I exercised great self-control when I went to the store to pick up some sticky notes for daughter. Avoided the candy aisle and Starbucks (which was right next door). 

One side effect of eating the Whole30 is a bad taste in my mouth. All. the. time. Even brushing my teeth and tongue does not help. I really miss peppermint gum.

Breakfast:
Poached Eggs

Lunch:
Roasted Potatoes and Beef with Snow Peas from http://thepioneerwoman.com/
Such a great recipe! I cut out the sherry, brown sugar, and corn starch. I substituted Coconut Aminos for the soy sauce, but I used only half the amount called for in the recipe. I added thinly sliced carrot and chopped garlic. The changes did not affect the taste at all. I could eat this every week, if I could afford to eat flank steak every week!

Supper:
Leftover Asian Chicken Soup


No comments:

Post a Comment