Friday, January 2, 2015

My Goals and a Plan

I am 35 pounds overweight and I am terribly out of shape. For years I have wanted to change that, but without a plan and goals, I failed with every start. This year is different. I have specific goals and a plan to help achieve those goals.

THE GOAL:   Lose 35 pounds in 2015.
How? Learn to eat whole foods. (Beat the sugar addiction.)
           Exercise.

THE PLAN:
Regarding Whole Foods...
For 30 days my family and I will follow the Whole30 Program. http://whole30.com/
It is a very strict Paleo-type eating plan, eating meat and veggies. That's all. No bread, no sugar, no grains, no dairy, no legumes. It is a 30 day commitment; I find 30 days is doable.
I am curious to see what kind of effects such an eating plan will have on my body. I am hopeful that my sugar cravings will disappear. I am hopeful that eating clean will be the start of a life long habit. I have been printing out recipes and buying food.  
Start date: Saturday, January 3, 2015

Regarding Exercise...
Start it slow. I will walk 30 minutes six days a week for the month of January. In February I will set a new walking goal.
By June 1, I will be ready and able to hike Mt. Si. I've never done that...it is a serious workout, a 4 mile hike nearly straight up. Yikes.

Let the adventure begin!






No comments:

Post a Comment