Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Day 19


I've got bone broth cooking in the slow cooker! I first roasted the bones for an hour in the oven, then into the crock pot with some onion, carrot, celery, and parsley. Fill it up with water and let the simmering do its magic. I will let it simmer for nearly 48 hours. Stay tuned....


Breakfast:
Poached Eggs and Bacon

Lunch:
Leftover Italian Beef Hash

Supper:
Loaded Chicken Vegetable Soup from http://sustainabledish.com/loaded-chicken-vegetable-soup/
I had leftover chicken from Sunday, so soup was in order. This is a very different chicken soup, so different that daughter could not eat it. I think it is the tablespoon of thyme that gave it an unexpected flavor. It has the usual celery and carrots, but then in a separate pan you cook bok choy with scallions and cilantro. It called for Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce as well, but I don't have that in the house...I could not eat it if I did. I put in a bit of cayenne instead. So you dish up a bowl of soup, then add some bok choy, then top with avocado. I liked it! I ended up dumping the bok choy into the leftover soup.

Exercise: Walked 2.4 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment