Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Day 18

Breakfast:
Breakfast Casserole

Lunch:
Chicken, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Cauliflower, and Applesauce
I found a recipe for Chicken Saltimbocca, something I never heard of or eaten, but it looked good. Except it called for flour and wine. I really adjusted the recipe, so I can't call it Saltimbocca. I took 2 chicken breasts and cut them into five equal pieces (to ensure even cooking). I salted and peppered, then shook some dry sage on both sides. Wrapped each piece in prosciutto, then browned them in olive oil and ghee. Next I poured in some chicken broth, covered, and let cook until the chicken was done. Removed the chicken, added a bit more broth, then turned up the heat to reduce the broth. When it was reduced, I added a bit of lemon juice. I put the sauce on the chicken. It tasted really good!

Supper:
Vegetable Beef Soup


Exercise for the day: Walked 2.4 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment