Sunday, January 4, 2015

Day 2

A rough day. I woke up with a terrible sinus headache. I was not in a good mood. Then I read that day 2 on the Whole30 is 'hangover day'. Apparently those M&Ms I ate on Friday, before starting the new eating plan, are giving me a hangover...

Many Whole30ers report headaches, fatigue, and general malaise during this part of the program. This, my friends, is completely normal. Your body is working its way through a whole host of junk it stored from the foods (or food-like-products) you used to eat. This process lasts a day for some folks, but for others it can take a few days longer.  http://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/#sthash.tJECNxOv.dpuf

I hope it does not take me a few days to get over this feeling of blah. I want to feel good tomorrow!

What did we eat today?

Breakfast:
Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole from http://www.fromthiskitchentable.com/
This is yummy, but it takes a bit of time for prepping. I would probably do half the amount of pork and more eggs next time.

Lunch:
Leftover Minestrone

Supper:
Chicken and Vegetable Soup from http://paleoleap.com
Oh, so good. Perfect on a day that I feel so yucky.

Today I learned realized that eating a big breakfast followed by a big lunch is too much food for me. I need to evaluate how much to eat, rather than eating a lot just because I might get hungry otherwise!

1 comment:

  1. I felt quite good today (2nd day also). Though could be a placebo affect. We shall see. Keep at it, Julie!

    ReplyDelete