Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Day 5

We invited guests for supper tonite. What would I do about dessert? I found an awesome recipe for an apple crisp with no sugar and no butter. It is spectacular. I finally ate something dessert-like after a meal! Unfortunately it was so good that I wanted to keep on eating more and more.  I used restraint, reaching for a cup of peppermint tea instead. But it was not easy.

Breakfast:
Scrambled Eggs and Bacon
I use a bit of Ghee which is allowed during a Whole30 eating plan. But it does not work as well as straight up butter. The eggs stick a bit more and they get brown really quickly.

Lunch:
Chicken Cacciatore over Spaghetti Squash from http://deliciousprimalcooking.com
This is a super delicious dish! Chicken with tomatoes, mushrooms, red pepper, onion, and perfect spices. I was not sure how the squash would go, but it actually sweetened the dish. Yummy!

Supper:
Vegetable Beef Soup, recipe from my Betty Crocker Cookbook
Yes, I did scrape out the marrow from the bones and browned the meat in it. I think it adds great flavor, even though it kind of creeps me out a bit!I avoided the corn and peas that are usually added to the soup. Just put in more carrots, celery, and potatoes! 

Dessert:
Homemade Apple Crisp from http://www.ablossominglife.com
I am blown away with this delicious recipe! No sugar but the flavor was fabulous! I used Gala apples, and the crunchy topping included raisins, almonds, cinnamon, nutmeg, and coconut oil, ground in the food processor.

I was a bit stressed about having guests for supper, but the food was so tasty. I am encouraged that I could have people for supper again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment