Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Day 4

I have the munchies. But not for carrots or celery. Not for fruit, either. The Whole30 email today had a great suggestion:

The next time you get a hankering for something to eat (and are wondering if it’s just a craving), ask yourself, “Am I hungry enough to eat steamed fish and broccoli right now?” If the answer is no… you’re not really hungry, you’re just craving, so act accordingly. If the answer is yes, then you really are hungry!

It is good to recognize what is hunger and what is habit. In fact, I had to stop at the store for more bananas today. Usually when I stop to pick up just an item or two, I end up with ten or twelve items at the checkout. I realize that I always have to see if I am missing something on sale, or see something on the discount shelf. I usually end up coming home with foods that I normally would not buy or necessarily eat. But not today. I picked up the bananas and that was it. Now there still is not anything on my shelves to eat just because I might feel like eating (habit). A good lesson for me to learn.

On to food for the day.

Breakfast:
Hard Boiled Eggs and Sugar Free Bacon
The bacon was so good, nice and salty. With some tea, it was plenty for me for breakfast.

Lunch:
Chuck Roast, roasted potatoes (white and sweet), green beans
The roast was so good; I seared it first, then put in the oven for a few hours. Nice and moist. Daughter loved the white potatoes. All afternoon she snacked on the leftovers. I really missed eating applesauce with the roast.

Supper:
Leftover Minestrone
I added cabbage to it tonite; it was so good!

And today daughter and I took our first walk. We both felt ready for exercise. And now that I have started, I must keep it up every day!



No comments:

Post a Comment