Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Day 25

Only five days left! When we started, I thought this would be the longest month ever! And now it is almost finished. I must say that it is getting easier to come up with ideas for lunches. There is something to be said about limited healthy-choices-only ingredients.

Breakfast:
Scrambled Eggs

Lunch:
Chicken, Fried Potatoes, Green Beans, and Applesauce
For the chicken, I first butterflied it, then rubbed it with olive oil and salted and peppered it. Tossed it into the cast iron skillet. It cooked really fast. A friend says she uses the cast iron skillet because it makes the chicken taste like it has been on the grill. Today I could understand what she was talking about. The chicken cooked fast and was a bit dry. Next I want to try to brine it first.

Supper:
Leftover Chicken Soups

Exercise: Walk 2 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment