Sunday, January 18, 2015

Day 16



Breakfast:
Breakfast Casserole
I made up my own recipe for this.
In a 7x11 oiled baking dish, I layered:
3 cooked, cubed Idaho potatoes, sprinkled with salt
1 red pepper, sautéed first in a little olive oil
3 green onions, chopped, tossed with the peppers at the end of sautéing
1 cup chopped spinach leaves
3 pieces cooked bacon, chopped
Poured 10 beaten eggs over the layers and baked for 25 minutes at 375 degrees.

It is a delightful change from plain eggs; the potatoes made it hearty.

Lunch:
Oven-baked Chicken, Roasted Potatoes, Green Beans, Applesauce
I rubbed the chicken with ghee, then seasoned with Italian seasoning and salt. Put half an onion into the cavity and baked it in one of those turkey roasting bags. It was delicious and moist!

Supper:
Vegetable Beef Soup
Again, a throw-together recipe. I first cooked a soup bone for 3 hours. Strained the broth and chopped the meat. Return to the pan and added carrots, celery, potatoes, green beans (canned them myself this summer!), onion and a jar of tomatoes (again, canned by me this summer). Added 3 Tblsp of tomato sauce, salt and pepper, and dried parsley. Let it simmer until the veggies were done.

I loved this soup! It tastes a lot like a soup my mom used to make...with a .35c soup bone and Veg All! (Except now the soup bone cost more like $9!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment